This article is based on material authored by members of the news.newusers.questions Moderation Board and nnq-workers mailing list.
Help in your language
The helpers in news.newusers.questions know a lot of answers but don’t always speak the same languages as the people who need help. In many cases, the best help for technical problems will come from a newsgroup which speaks your own language.
These newsgroups are good starting points for new users who are not very familiar with English:
- Computer related topics (for Swiss readers)
- Discusion general sobre Internet en Chile
- Postings by new users (Chinese)
- Hilfe zum Usenet (moderated)
- Preguntas generales sobre las news (Spanish)
- Les premiËres questions sur Usenet (French)
- Usenet users, new user question/discussion (Korean)
- Domande e risposte sul servizio news (Italian)
- Startpunt voor beginners op internet (Dutch/Netherlands; moderated)
- Newsprogramvare og news generelt (Norwegian)
- Discussao sobre as Usenet news em Portugal (Portugese)
- Tekniska och administrativa frÂgor kring news (Swedish)
- Help for newcomers (Taiwanese)
In addition to the above, the users in one of the related soc.culture.* newsgroups might be able to point you to other newusers groups which are available in your language.